• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Eve1.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

Just driven out of town to my counselling to be told it’s this evening. I have a letter telling me it’s this afternoon, which I requested. I can’t come back this evening. I couldn’t even complain, or stay to listen to their apology properly. just left before I burst into tears

People who go to counselling are desperate! How could they have got it so wrong. Just feel like when I try to help myself nobody cares.

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Oh Eve – Im SO SORRY – this is NOT what you needed right now – when you are desperate for help and to talk to someone then to be turned away is like kicking the feet from under you.

Wish I could give you a big cuddle right now…….

We here CARE – we ALL care, and we are here for you ……keep talking.

x*x

godschild
      Participant

I find this type of thing always happens when you least need it to, people can be so incompetant and havent a clue what it does to you. Extra issues seem to pile on top of us.
      If you dont mind me asking is it private councelling, I am looking for evening as I always cope better in the evening with my agoraphobia , sorry this has happened to you x*x

KIP.
      Participant

Take some deep breaths. Other people’s incompetence is not your fault. Wait until you have calmed down and write a letter to take next time. Get it all out on paper, how they let you down, how it made you feel. It can be therapeutic just to get it all down on paper. Even if it’s 10 pages long. Next session, start by handing that over. If you can manage an official complaint too. I found taking back the power and holding people accountable actually helped my self confidence and self esteem. Shocking way to treat a vulnerable person❤️🌷🌷🌷🌷

Escaped not free
      Participant

That’s the last thing on earth u need! I’m waiting counselling and I know how much you invest in it helping. I’m so sorry I wish I could give you a hug. And just listen. It’s so unfair. Xxxx

Ayanna
      Participant

Yep, I can so relate. These places are utterly disorganized. Complain! They need to know which effect this has on you. Give them a piece of your mind. x*x

Eve1
      Participant

Godschild, yes it is private counselling but I found it via the NHS, so I felt safe to give it a try. I don’t know oef is have the confidence to find one myself. They are subsidised or a charity, not sure which and they have a sliding scale of payment depending what you earn. So as in not working I pay the minimum. It’s less than half the standard fee for counselling, but still too expensive for me really.

But it helped me so much last year, I’m trying again. Hope you manage to find something.

Thank you all for your support. I might write something down about it for the next session.

Eve
      x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content