Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

So at the blink of an eye it’s Friday again.. which means the weekend is on its way.

Weekends for me have always been notoriously bad and I’m feeling a sense of dread.

Last weekend was horrid and I’m already feeling nervous. When I’m anxious I shake really badly and i find it difficult to be logical because I know what’s coming..

Roll on Monday or even better a new life where I look forward to a sunny weekend ahead.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

The shaking is caused by adrenaline being produced during a period of extreme stress. Think of a wild cat in the Jungle chasing prey or getting into a fight during mating season. Have you ever seen those documentaries and you see the cats shaking themselves from nose to tail, that’s them releasing excess adrenaline. We do the exact same in times of high stress and anxiety, that’s why we shake uncontrollably.
      💞💞

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Yeah I understand that it’s just that it’s really bad! Sometimes it’s so extreme I can’t even hold a mug. I look like I’m withdrawing on something..

So embarrassing

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Yip, it’s totally mortifying. I’m getting to the passing out stage the now, used to only affect me when I drove for more than an hour, I can’t even walk my dog more than 15 minutes and I’m ready for passing out. Have to sit down or lean against a fence or hedge till it passes. I’m getting ready to move out of refuge soon, so know its the anxiety of doing that. Either that or I’m having TIA’s. I’ve had two that I know of,brought on by stress,I’ll be da..ed if I’m having more because of him.

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi IWMB, I just sent you a pm. Xx

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Cantmakedecisions – Not embarrassing but heartbreaking to hear. I’m so sad that you are struggling like this. Is there any way we can help?

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

That’s really kind of you to ask but I’m already on Valium to try and calm me down. Things have been so intense I think it’s almost like panic attack type thing.

Basically I just to get on with it.

Eggshells
      Participant

💜💜. Have you tried Braelyn’s sanctuary cottage? I didn’t really think it was my thing but I gave it a go and loved it. You just transport yourself into the safe world of your own imagination. xx

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

I’ve read posts about it… all the cushions, log fire and calm peaceful atmosphere. It’s mixed feelings for me, firstly it sounded delightful then it filled me with fear.. because it sounded physically isolated, in a wood. Then it made me cry to think that it could be that peaceful, like a fantasy. Mostly tho if I knew there was no threat, no listening for weird noises or fear if what would walk through the door I would live there! Wrapped in a soft snuggly rug with a hot cup of tea.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I agree, the cottage is a beautiful idea, first time in years I’ve imagined myself so wholly in the moment. 💞💞

KillingMeSlowly
      Participant

I understand as I have the Monday and Tuesday dread. He gets on it over the weekend and then the working week is the come down when he is very angry, aggresssive and depressive. I literally DREAD it every single week to the point of severe anxiety.

Eggshells
      Participant

So maybe your more of a city girl? That’s ok. If you’d like o fly away with us and duck out of the reality for half an hour or so, we could all head off on a city break for the weekend.

Just name the city.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content