Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Optimystic
      Participant

Why does it feel like he actually wants to ruin my weekend? I’m feeling like I don’t deserve a weekend. He’s been drinking solid. Proclaimed how amazing he is for not being ‘nasty’ anymore. Which means he’s no longer exploding, shouting and calling me vile names. It’s true, he’s not doing that. But, he’s finding other nasty ways. I know I can’t go into detail, but he’s deliberately finding ways to ruin my weekend and get the upper hand. I suppose in his head, this isn’t abuse. So, I feel like I’m not living in my home, just cleaning, cooking, serving and generally not getting in the way of his enjoyment. Unless tormenting me and being lazy is his enjoyment? What’s your weekends like? ♥️

Scapegoat
      Participant

My weekends are similar as are weekdays, in fact is just one blur now. When my oh is not directly being abusive he sings songs putting me down, makes “jokes” about me but as I’ve not got a sense of humour I don’t find them funny, indirectly accuses me of things but if I react I’m accused of having a guilty conscience, picks on the tiniest things- cleaning, moving things, saying things in fact anything you can think of. The result me getting that wound up I explode so he then says see you’ve ruined another day again you’re having it tomorrow! It’s c**p. They are sick in the head, no other words for it.

Optimystic
      Participant

Scapegoat! Honestly, the words in my head last night included the word sick! I was still annoyed this morning. What are you grumpy for? Later, are you still in a mood? It’s constant. Never ends. I get shouted and blamed at for moving things too. Oh, it’s ok I’ve found them, every single time. I’m sad your weekend was as c****y as mine, but you’re not alone xx

gettingtired
        Participant

This is what I get alllllll the time! Accused of moving things so whenever he can’t find something of his (which is most days because he is so irresponsible and disorganised like a child) it’s my fault because I’m always tidying things away apparently. It’s such a small thing but it really gets you down! x

Scapegoat
      Participant

Sick and downright spiteful. Of course they are always the victim, always trying! Very trying! A stranger in my home, can’t enjoy life and move around as you please. Everything monitored, interrogated, invigilated. And I’m using him apparently!?? W*F for???

Optimystic
      Participant

I found the n**********c cycle of abuse just by pure chance. I always wondered why I didn’t experience the back end of the cycle and this explained my situation exactly. This is all new to me and I’m struggling to cope with the realisation, regardless of how spot on x

(link removed by Moderator)

Optimystic
      Participant

But, what you’ve said about being a stranger in the home you probably look after and care for and invest in so much, is just the most hurtful thing x

Scapegoat
      Participant

I don’t get any honeymoon period anymore just spiteful abuse and lots of it. Just been treated to some more as I’m reading the news on my tablet. Obviously really I’m w*****g the internet for men. Poor him has whole run of house but is sat on his own as am I and our son who doesn’t dare come out of room.
      But remember my oh is the only victim.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content