Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      SleeplessNights123
      Participant

I feel like I am always up and down with recovery! But, today feels like a good day. I wanted to acknowledge that and appreciate it.

Today I feel strong, like I would be able to use my voice and speak up for myself and others.

Today I am reminded that I am capable of saying no, and of expressing how I feel without fear.

Today I let myself be soft, vulnerable and empathetic, because these are all strengths that make me who I am.

Today I won’t let my abusers words or actions hurt me.

<3

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good for you ! I too have these days , I wanna just be over it . I’m better now than I was say a few months ago , but not fully let go yet . I have more good days than not now . I’m concentrating on ME and my future, staying positive, for a brighter one xx

SleeplessNights123
        Participant

I think it is definitely a long road to getting better, but it is one that has an end, where we can move forward. We all have that strength inside of us. I am so glad you are better nowadays, and that you are focusing on the good to come. Remember it is also okay to have bad days too, we are allowed to acknowledge that too xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

I was away for (detail removed by moderator) no contact , went to court against him , I was treated like the criminal , he got found not guilty even though he was issued with a restraining order for (detail removed by moderator) ? My son was put on a child protection plan even though he was never in any danger and not his son . My whole life was turned upside down , I was given no support , found it so hard to let go . Then what happens I saw him again, he used social services against me to threaten me like blackmail if I reported anything, I swear it’s like they have a handbook on it , that all these abusers must read . I felt helpless again, nothing had changed even though I believed him again it would . Now I have cut all contact & ignored all his vile threats & blackmail, I don’t want to waste a day of my life being sad , upset , angry on him anymore as the way I see it , his caused me so much misery already , now I need to keep him in the past where he belongs xx

SleeplessNights123
        Participant

That sounds like such a stressful situation 🙁 I am so sorry! I think sometimes it can definitely feel that those who are supposed to protect us in law enforcement are against us, especially when the outcome of a case doesn’t go the way you think it would. I would perhaps seek support through some different charities and organisations if you still need it lovely!

But you are definitely right – you need to look to the future to find joy for yourself. Too much of our lives are spent on giving energy to these men!xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content