Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

Today just daydreaming sun were shining in and I thought this time last year in were in despair. It feels strange me not being with him he just went of into the sunset got another women and stuff us. Not a care in the world. It’s double wammy when u don’t have a good support network my family are pathetic. I guess I’m just feeling sorry for myself on a real downer today…..x*x

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Better Days,

I read a lovely quote yesterday about self-belief.

It said that we are like chefs: we have all the ingredients needed in the fridge- we just need to find ways of putting them all together.

You have all you need to beat his abuse and to steer to and your children to a joyful life. You have kindness, intelligence, wisdom and strength, and you have the ability to love others.

Hopefully, you are now at the stage where you can see that you weren’t to blame, and that you are entitled to be happy.

All you need to do is put all
      Your strengths and qualities into action, bit by bit, to build a better life.

(Don’t worry about not being perfect or not doing things well enough. Perfectionism can freeze us. )

To use another quote I read, “Life is not about perfection, it is about action.”
      Little movements will steer you towards that better life. đź’›

Your

Don’t worry Betterdays you are doing great. We all have these sad days. Normally it picks up after a while. X*X

I wouldn’t mind betting that your boys are more settled with him gone. It may take time for adjustments to happen but in time you will probably see noticeable changes with your boys, more positive school comments like the one before in the cookery lesson. The four of you will have happier, more normal moments, minus drama, shouting, fear and anxiety. There will be more of a calmness among you all. X*X

I do enjoy having a nice soak in the bath and putting a face pack on. I’ve recently found out about audio books you can buy, they are all different prices but a lot are cheap. I’ve put this audio app thing onto my PC and I listen to audio books whilst laying in the bath it really is a treat. I’ve got a good gripping drama on the go at the moment.X*X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content