Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Helpmeimfedup
      Participant

Hi I’ve been in my ‘relationship’ for around (detail removed by Moderator) years now we have two young children and I rely on him solely for money. I really don’t want to be with him anymore. I can’t take his shouting, emotional and physical abuse. He will literally switch over anything with me and it’s so tiring now I feel numb almost. I don’t want my kids around him because he is just not a nice person at all but they love him so much. I should also add that he goes missing for days on end and I don’t even ask him anymore because it will start an argument like I’m the one that’s done something. He goes out and gets high on cocaine and then I have to deal with a come down where he is double as nasty. The main reasons that I haven’t left is because I’m scared of him and what he may do if he ever finds me, or if he were to do something to my friends or family if I were to leave. Has anyone been in a situation like this before? I know I’ve not really gone into detail of what he’s done to me in the past but this is my first post, maybe I will in time.

Watersprite
      Participant

Hello helpmeimfedup welcome here you are brave for posting and I think you will find this a safe and supportive place. First thing I’m sorry you are going through this but you are not alone. Your children may well love him they are programmed too but anything they witness the stress in the house drug use and his disappearances will sadly affect them too. I hear your wish to leave but fear also and leaving is the most dangerous time so say nothing to him . You will need support and it is available women’s aid the police and social services all helped us flee. They helped planning and a lot after. You and your children can go to refuge out of area if needed. Please keep your phone with you make sure he can’t see your search history and don’t be afraid to call police if you feel unsafe. I think you are further out the door than you realise but now need support to do it safely. Take care and do keep posting x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content