Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Peonylove
      Participant

I’ve been having a good day, felt more upbeat and positive. Then I checked WhatsApp and his profile picture has disappeared but I can still see when he’s online. I’ve never been able to see his ‘last seen’ so that’s not changed. I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. It looks like he’s deleted me rather than blocked me. I’m struggling what to do. We still have flights booked in (detail removed by moderator) for a holiday abroad. I wanted to ask him what he wanted to do but do I just make a call and go myself or write it off? I can’t make any decisions, my head is going round in circles. I feel so rejected by him. Is he doing this to get a reaction from me? And why if he hates me so much?

I’m feel so sad. I’m not sure I’ll ever recover from this, it feels hopeless. I regret everything, I wish I’d made him see how much he meant to me and now i can’t go back. He didn’t trust me and it was within my control to make him trust me and know he was safe. I did all I could but it wasn’t good enough.

Hazydayz
      Participant
        Oh Peonylove. That’s a nasty surprse isn’t it, that spoilt a good day. I can imagine what might be going through your mind. I’m also concerned about those arrangements you made. That’s an expense you might now end up having to sort. But, Although I’m hopeless understanding how to? with Technical stuff it occurred to me when reading what you mentioned about the what’s app vanishing image, could it not be that he might just be updating? Or mistakenly knocked you off? Or if as you think you have upset him maybe? He might deliberately be trying to worry you. If that’s the case? It’s working isn’t it! (detail removed by moderator) Get the tickets sorted is a good starting point. You don’t have to feel bad about what wasn’t enough that you did? Show him your strength, get things clear in your mind about where you stand go from here in this relationship. Good luck! Thinking of you
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Playing games hun , punishing you in a way for rejecting him , now he wants to make you suffer , you do nothing , do not react , he wants to see what you will do , trying to make you panic . Soon enough when he sees you are not budging he will be back . I know it’s hard , he knows your checking his WhatsApp, trust me , been there done this and I got hurt in myself so many times thinking his online , his talking to another woman etc . Your mind goes into a full panic , overdrive . Don’t let him see it’s upset you . It’s a game , he be back lol x

Anonymous
      Inactive

He wants you to feel all these things that you are feeling to justify you hurting him or pulling him on his behaviour, his trying to hurt you . They attack your weaknesses, prove to him your stronger than that x

Peonylove
        Participant

Thanks, I’m trying that approach. He hasn’t blocked me at all, just deleted me or removed his pic to get me to react. I need to stay strong. I’m going to call holiday company tomorrow to check what my options are. I don’t want to go to the place we’ve booked so hopefully I can change destination. I just need to take it one step at a time. Thank you @The Duchess, I appreciate your words xx

Hazydayz
        Participant

Yes calling the travel agent is a start in the right direction.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Let this show you how he really is ! You think about it hun , he can do that so quickly to hurt you and you only showed him love , keep that in your mind always . Don’t let him ruin any holiday plans for you , if you can change destination which would make you feel better then go for it , his shown you his true inner self x

Peonylove
        Participant

So I’ve managed to resist contacting him and haven’t cried for two days. Spent last night with a good friend who helped me see what’s been going on and I need to move on. She made me block and delete him but of course I still have his number and have added him again. I can’t help myself. I’m leaving myself open to him contacting me, I don’t know why. I guess I just want to know he still wants me and thinks about me. Then I’ll know this whole experience meant something to him. I’ve still to sort out the holiday which I might do today or over the weekend.

Hard to believe this time last week we were still together. How quickly things can change can’t they?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I had this problem myself and yes it is exactly what you are saying, you want to feel wanted by him , it’s like an addiction, a craving for that person. So my suggestion would be , do not block until you feel ready in yourself to do this , there is no set time to how you are feeling at this moment it’s all very early days , you don’t wanna be in a situation where you are blocking & unblocking/ checking , as I’ve done this also in the past , then it becomes a game . It’s good you haven’t contacted him and you haven’t cried in a couple of days , take baby steps for now , until you feel ready to cut him off . If he does contact you try to ignore or if you can’t keep it very short , no emotions if possible. You are doing well , don’t be hard on yourself, maybe next week or tomorrow phone about the holiday, no need to put pressure on yourself. As much as your friends want the best for you which is understandable it’s got to be from you how you respond or want to go forward x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content