Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Starshipxo
      Participant

There are so many back details to my story but I have stopped ex from seeing children due to drugs and emotional abuse. He still turns up at the house every few weeks, calls me names, argues with me over things etc. I’ve had enough of it all. Do I have the right to seek an injunction or some sort of order?

KIP.
      Participant

Yes you do. Please ring the helpline number on here for advice. You can also ring Rights for Women who offer free legal advice. Start keeping all evidence of his behaviour. All texts, call, keep a journal with all his contact. I secretly recorded his assault. If you are scared then please ring the police the next time he kicks off. In fact if he has no legal right to be at your home then ring the police when he arrives. That’s good evidence for a non molestation order which you get through the civil court. You don’t need to put up with this kind of abuse. Neither do your children x some solicitors also offer a half hour free session. Start by ringing the helpline number on here or contact your local women’s aid x

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

call ncd , they help you apply for non mol and take all the stress of you ,

Starshipxo
      Participant

I have been told by women’s aid I can apply for a non molestation order but I don’t feel o have enough evidence and am worried they will turn it down x

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, you need legal advice to tell you if you have enough evidence but I can tell you that the courts take domestic abuse very very seriously. Just emphasise how fearful you are of him, how it’s affecting your mental health. A visit to your GP to tell her how this is affecting you is great evidence. She may give you a supporting letter. I know it all sounds scary and overwhelming but when I had police bail, the calmness and peace that it brought was indescribable. You have nothing to lose by trying. In fact in the unlikely even that they turn you down, it’s actually good evidence that you have had to try in the first place. My advice is to go get it. Take back control. You can choose to have an abuse free life. It’s your life and you choose who gets to be in it x you could have rung the police on him for turning up at your home putting you in a “state of fear and distress”. That’s a crime x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content