Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      cupcakes
      Participant

Things are pretty bad and I just don’t know what to do

I have asked him to leave twice but he won’t go as he said it’s half his house and the children are his.

He knows its over but won’t go

I spoke to women’s aid and the lady confirmed it was coercive and financial and gave me a a local number. I called them but it’s just a drop in centre and I can’t get there the times it’s open. They were great and said I should contact the police but I’m scared of doing that.

What do I do next I’m confused. Do I just need to appoint a solicitor and tell him to get one

cupcakes
      Participant

Living like this is a nightmare I have chest pain and feel scared all the time

I hate what is happening my biggest worry is the children and how this will affect them. Then I worry about how I will cope sharing them as I am such a worrier and I don’t believe he always puts their safety first. I can’t bare the thought of him taking them on holiday without me being there too.

But I can’t live like this with him having a go at me daily

I am scared to death of what is going to happen

Ayanna
      Participant

Have you spoken to Womens Aid?
      Also, Rights of Women give free legal advice.

If he threatens you or worse call the police.
      With kids social services will be involved.

For this reason it is advisable to discuss everything beforehand if the situations allows this. Womens Aid can help you with that and with the social services involvement.

But do not suffer in silence and endure his abuse because of anxiety about what would happen after you call the police.
      Things are never easy because abusers try to give us hell until the last minute.
      Whatever road you choose it will be a battle.
      The good thing about police involvement is that you have something against him in the divorce and custody battle.

Keep posting here!

cupcakes
      Participant

Thank you for your reply. I know this sounds crazy but I don’t want him to get in to trouble and because it’s all verbal it’s hard to prove and he denies everything and twists things back to me I am scared he will come out looking like a wonderful person and I will be the bad one.

I am in a really confused scared about what will happen I can’t think straight and I just don’t know what to do next.

I think he wants the house all our assets and the children and will do or say anything to get it

I don’t know what to do

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content