Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunflowersunshine
      Participant

I got out. I got safe. What do I do with these thoughts rattling around in my head? I have flashbacks that feel so real and visceral. But also feel really out of body like I’m witnessing the things happen to me. I get really scared and shake and tremble and takes me ages to calm down. And when they start they happen on repeat. There’s no quenching the fear that day. My work place keeps telling me to call my doctor or their wellness hotline. I get paralyzed when trying to talk or verbalise. And doctors now can only do anything by call even to book an appointment. I just feel trapped with this horror on repeat in my head. I hate it.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Sunflowersunshine,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing with us. I hope you find the forum a safe and supportive place to be with others who understand. It is great to hear you are out and safe from the abuse. It is very normal to feel a whole range of emotions and feelings after leaving an abusive partner; I hope it helped to post to us about what is happening. Do you feel counselling would help with the trauma?

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our online Live Chat service (open every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here:
      https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Teaandcats
      Participant

Hi Sunflowersunshaine,
      I don’t really have anything helpful to share with you, but really identified with the trapped feeling your speak about in your post. I did a long ‘intro’ post yesterday evening and feel like so of my fear/confusion/trapped feelings were less afterward but they’re back full-force again today. I’ve been back-and-forthing about talking to my GP as I’ve been struggling to sleep. I’ve done an e-consult and hoping to be able to talk to them today or tomorrow about sleep but not sure yet if I can share anything else… You’re not alone.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content