Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      thepoppygirl
      Participant

My partner is being nice again and points out all the things he’s done differently/healthy (detail removed by moderator).
      This time I’m not falling for it again. He’s even said he’s proud of me when I told him I didn’t want to go ahead with something big we were going to do, he said he’s happy I told him. I have a feeling he’s going to revert back to the old pattern , maybe a bit more extreme. I’m feeling stronger. I’ll keep building my knowledge. I want to tell my GP about my situation but he’s male, and although its silly because in my mind I walked out from abusive family home into an abusive relationship. So for all I know my doctor could be an abusive person himself. But it might be worth a try.

KIP.
      Participant

Please speak to your GP. At least get the abuse and the effects on your mental health noted. Don’t worry about the gender. Some of the most understanding people on my journey have been Male. He should be trained and knowledgeable and maybe able to refer you for counselling. Google the cycle of abuse. They always revert back and it always gets worse. Keep,posting x

thepoppygirl
      Participant

Thank you 🙂
      I will do it next chance I get. xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content