Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

An abusers head when ur no contact? Wgat stages do they go through x

How do we know the answer to that Betterdays? I have been no contact now on both sides for two months and the truth is i am truly heartbroken. I blocked him from texting and emailing me so he may have contacted me, though he has certainly made not much effort, i say to myself if someone truly loves you and wants to speak to you they will do anything, he has not done that & i am heartbroken. About to lay in the bath and listen to Trauma Bonding video, The Body Keeps the Score. In reply to your question, i think it depends how the No Contact started, the type of abuser he is, how long the NC has been & what is the history between the two of you. How long have you been NC for?

Serenity
      Participant

I think the main thing that goes through their head is anger that you aren’t doing their bidding and putting up with their rubbish, and fear that their true nature will be exposed in public.

They feel they are going crazy because of the lost control.

But they won’t admit it. No, they will make out that they are jubilantly happy and free and better off.

When or if they find someone else or some other supply, they will idealise it at first, but the cracks will soon show in any relationship they have, they will start to get angry and restless with that person and it’s back to square one.

Starmoon
      Participant

Totally agree with serenity! My ex abandoned me, bombarded me with abuse, when I blocked him from contact, he text threw an Internet site, called from with held numbers, used new email addresses and sent letters. First he was horrible, then loving and begging and then horrible again in the space of days! Horrible because he’s angry I suppose

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content