Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      RainbowHope
      Participant

I desperately want out of my marriage.I have spoken to citizens advice, but not received any helpful information that I didn’t already know. I know because of our children it would make sense for him to go, but I’m starting to worry about what will happen to him. I know I shouldn’t as the strain on me mentally over the past few years has been immense, but I actually feel guilty about him being homeless. Neither of us have any money, making it impossible for either of us to move elsewhere. What will happen to him if I kick him out and he has nowhere to go? We are joint tenants with a local council. Will the council do anything for him? I worry the kids will hate me if they know he has nowhere to go and it’s my fault (even though they see how unhappy I am and it’s not fun for them either).

maddog
      Participant

I think you’re jumping the gun a bit, RainbowHope. He’s not homeless yet, and it’s not up to you to put a roof over his head. You can’t control what he does or where he goes if he leaves, and you can’t control how the children react. It might be helpful to seek support from your local Women’s Aid and possibly social services. You don’t have to do this alone. It’s a difficult and frightening time. The Freedom Programme run by WA is brilliant, and it’s good to be in a group of other women who understand the situation.
      Baby steps…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content