Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      TC
      Participant

Made the mistake of marrying him (detail removed by moderator) and everything changed. Once we were married I was his possession and things escalated very quickly. I should have seen it before but I didn’t, I can never forgive myself for that. Work have involved HR due to their concerns about injuries they have seen and time taken off. What do I do?
      Why can I not just leave and draw a line? I feel so pathetic that I can’t stand up for myself but I do t even know how to or have the energy anymore. I almost juat want to lie down and say do what you want. Head is all over

Darcy
      Participant

I completely echo beachhut’s post.
      You have to start to get a plan together, start to think more positively and set the wheels in motion. Only you have the power to do this.
      We all have the strength inside us however burred it has got, one step at a time, you need to put one step in front of the other and start setting the wheels in motion.
      Even if this is just saying in your head ”I have a better life waiting for me” even if you don’t believe it … say it!
      Work would not get involved if there was not a problem so use them as a support to get your strength and get out of this situation, the self blame and self hatred talk will not help anything.
      My ex made me give up work so I did not have the support of a work place yet I still managed to leave him in the end… you’ve got this!
      Sending you love and support
      Darcy xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content