Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I apologise in advance for my mood.

What do you do when life is so awful you feel like there’s nothing left.

Even if I felt bad I always had that thought things might work out for once. It was a glimmer.

I was wrong and the universe has declared that for my sins and putting up with what I did this is it. Its the ultimate slap in the face.

So what now. I sit and I stew and I resent and I feel bitter but most of all I feel sad and trapped.

CosmosIdealology
      Participant

Don’t lose heart of you have left and well done if you did! Things are going to be hard at first you’re going to feel all over the place but things will settle down eventually you just got to push through and build yourself up with what you have.

KIP.
      Participant

What helped me was the resolution that I’d never let the abuse destroy me because it would give my abuser so much satisfaction. So I’d have a mantra “this too shall pass”. On my good days I’d put in place things to get me through my bad days. And round and round until the good days outweighed the bad. Dig deep and keep going for the next good day x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Cosmo and Kip thanks.

Cosmo he left ages ago but we have flare ups things settled when he first left but for ages now its been one thing after another. If its not him its agencies.

Kip I wish I could have your mindset. Broken I am and im not even blaming him its me! there’s not enough left right now for me to even begin having any inclination to fight back. I feel tired to my soul and im disillusioned with everything and everyone around me.

Seahorse000
      Participant

That is such a devastating feeling. For me I fall into the trap of thinking that there is nothing g left, the happy memories of the past are corrupted now and the future is pointless.

It really is a trap though and it isnt true, no matter how much it might feel like it is.

Don’t let his abuse infect your future (as much as you can) and trudge on one step after another until enough days pass and you feel stronger. It will happen – the survivors of abuse all say it will ease and all those horrible feelings will start to be cast off.

You can do it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content