Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Buddy
      Participant

Hi , I am speaking to a solicitor today ,
      I have the usual questions in my mind about finances , house , children etc .
      Any advice on any questions I should specifically ask ?
      Thank u x

KIP.
      Participant

Their experience with domestic abuse. Some may have been accredited by women’s aid or similar meaning they have had training.
      Abuser won’t agree to anything and will drag the process out. It’s really important they have experience because they will need to put time limits on responses and not be messed around.

KIP.
      Participant

Getting him out the house with an occupation order or similar. What evidence do you need to collect.

KIP.
      Participant

I think I’ve said in the past that it’s vital you report the abuse to your GP. The courts can use this.

Beautifulday
      Participant

Hi Buddy hope you are well

Write down what you want to ask, ask your options about staying in property etc.
      I dont have children so didn’t need to ask about that but ask questions regarding this. Ask about timelines how long it’s likely to take etc,
      Also mention the abuse to them x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content