Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unsure2020
      Participant

Hello

I’m new here and its taken me a long time to post anything, but its come to the point where my brain is going crazy and I dont know if I’m coming or going 🙁
      My partner of nearly (detail removed by moderator) I think, is abusive to me.

It started out full of love, he was overly nice to me perhaps (never with material things as he has a low income and mostly spends that on beer and white powder) and then once, he was tipsy and said he never wanted to be drunk around me?!

I soon found out why when he flipped one night and slapped me round the face and pulled me around by my hair 🙁 the next day tw was full of sorry etc..this then started happening every (detail removed by moderator) and the police have now been involved.

He often trys to pick arguements and will say its because of my tone and I shouldn’t think I’m better than anyone else. I think/know alot of this is due to his “habits” too.

I know deep down I need to leave him but I do love him also. It’s making me really anxious and unwell, plus I have a (detail removed by moderator) year old to look after.

I guess I’m just looking for support that I’m not going mad, i even get scared now if he raises his voice, even if we have been having a nice time. X

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Unsure2020
      Welcome to the forum.
      Yes your relationship sounds very abusive. In a healthy relationship you would never be afraid of him, of him raising his voice. You would be empowered enough to hold your grounds in an argument. With an abuser the dynamics are different, he seeks drama, arguments, chaos, negativity, keeping you off balance and in an anxious state, all designed to keep you submitted to his will, to be under his power and control.

Please contact Women’s Aid, you can chat to them, see on the homepage and tell them about your situation. Also talk to your GP, have your situation documented and ask for help with your anxiety so you can think clearly which steps you wish to take.
      It is very positive of you to have posted here, you can start gathering informations about options for yourself, you do not have to live with abuse honey. There is a life free of abuse out there 🙂

Keep posting 💕🌸

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content