Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mummyof2xx
      Participant

I was in an abusive relationship on and off for over (detail removed by Moderator) years. I have a (detail removed by Moderator) year old from someone else. From early on my ex partner was controlling and I just thought it was normal. Would stalk my social media’s, accuse me constantly, make me send photos of where I am to prove i wasn’t lying, always putting me down, and a lot more.
      I ended things (detail removed by Moderator) and then found out (detail removed by Moderator) later that I was pregnant. Had abuse all through my pregnancy from him resulting in daily monitoring at the hospital as had complications due to stress I’m sure.
      My baby is (detail removed by Moderator) old now and he was coming round and seeing baby whilst my mum was here as didn’t want to be around him on my own. He came when she was (detail removed by Moderator) old and because when he came I was on the phone to my (detail removed by Moderator) year old daughters dads partner about my daughter as they was having her the day (detail removed by Moderator), he left the house and kicked my door in.
      He was always controlling and made a wedge between my daughter and her dad and wouldn’t allow for me to speak to him regarding my daughter. Haven’t let him come round since he kicked my door in resulting in my (detail removed by Moderator) year old screaming for hours.
      She has seen it all from him and she’s following in his steps as that’s all she knows.
      (detail removed by Moderator) what’s the chance he will get anything as I don’t want him ruining my baby like he has my daughter

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Mummyof2xx

Thank you for your post, I just wanted to show you some support. I am sorry to hear about what you have been through, it must have been very stressful while you were pregnant.

He is continuing to be extremely abusive and controlling which is not ok. You are right not to allow him back into your home. You could think about reporting him to police for this if you haven’t already.

You could get some legal advice around this. Rights of Women offer free, confidential legal advice on matters including family law, domestic abuse, children and child contact issues. Rights of Women are available on 0207 251 6577. They also have a website at http://www.rightsofwomen.org.uk<http://www.rightsofwomen.org.uk> .

The Coram Children’s Legal Centre can also offer advice. They can be contacted on 0300 330 5480, 8am – 6pm, Mon – Fri. The Children’s Legal Centre has a website at http://childlawadvice.org.uk/ .

Take care and please keep posting to let us know how things are.

Lisa

Mummyof2xx
      Participant

I have contacted someone about getting an injunction out waiting to hear back so hopefully will get that soon.
      Only problem I have is I don’t want him having contact or unsupervised contact with my baby to mess her up like he did my daughter.
      I’ve changed my number now and just hoping that I can try and move on in life but I just don’t feel myself and feel trapped still knowing that he will do anything for the control over me still

Thank you for messaging me back

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content