Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

My close friend has started using a dating app. I am worried about someone she has met on it, only texting so far but due to meet up. I think there are red flags, she doesn’t. I’m feeling really triggered and terrified for her (and also me… I do not want any more contact with toxic harmful men). She asked my opinion on what he’d written about an ex and I tried to indicate some concern and she defended him. I said she needs to ask other friends and not just me as I will be very wary of people. It’s making me very stressed and anxious. She is a very close friend so I want to support her, protect her but also protect myself and my own well-being. I hope this makes sense. Any thoughts on how to handle this please?

KIP.
      Participant

My advice is to back off. Let her do her own thing especially as this is going to trigger you. You’ve given her your opinion based on your experience and that’s all you can do. My senses were very altered for a long time I overreacted and was extremely sensitive to lots of situations. Abuse taints us and our decision making for a long time. Just be there if she needs your support.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content