Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Buddy
      Participant

I asked him if he has looked at flats , he said yes, furnished .. I said ok how much are they as I will be paying for it so he can keep paying for this mortgage , he said how much , I said that’s a lot then he said well I am paying for everything here !!
      So I asked him if there was someone else , he replied no , then I gave him a look as if to say really ? As he is not acting in the way I would expect him to at this point . I.e throwing things etc. So he said (detail removed by Moderator) and slammed the door on my face !
      So (detail removed by Moderator) years of marriage and not even a sit down conversation about our marriage !
      Head is gone and feel sick

KIP.
      Participant

I don’t believe a word he is saying. My ex did the same. Told me he was moving out. Even had me looking at properties for him. He had no intention of going anywhere. Just stalling and staying put to continue his mind games.

Buddy
      Participant

He is so convincing !!
      I am at the end of my tether here , he is so shallow and lacking in any empathy .. horrific . The only reason things have lasted as long as they have is because I have given in and probably been giving him the supply he needs, the moment I stand up for myself he is cold and nasty .. I think you are right , he is playing games x

KIP.
      Participant

Yes, he’s just waiting for you to once again give in and when you don’t, things will escalate. Following exactly the same pattern as my ex. He also had another woman in the background. When I wouldn’t back down I was badly assaulted so keep your phone on you at all times. They are so entitled. They simply have zero empathy. This is the real him you’re beginning to see. You are changing but he’s still the same nasty abuser x stay safe.

Buddy
      Participant

He will be waiting a long time as I am not going to give in this time . I honestly can’t believe how calm he is being as he has blown and thrown things over less than this in our marriage .. s it the calm before the storm ?
      I have been a bit naughty and looked at his phone 😬 he saw me I think (detail removed by Moderator) , he didn’t say anything which surprises me .. but (detail removed by Moderator) he has changed his passcode !!
      I swear I genuinely don’t believe there is someone else as I can’t see when he is doing anything as always home , apart from one night here and there for work but it’s like (detail removed by Moderator) !
      I think he has put the code on as he saw me looking so next time I look I will question him why he has changed the code , he has done this type of thing to me before .
      I am not going to say anything to him about it , as this is what he wants x

KIP.
      Participant

I would have sworn the same about my ex. But he was seeing her while at ‘work’. On the internet. Filling her head with lies. She called his bluff and changed her status on Facebook and put their picture up! Caught.

KIP.
      Participant

He didn’t want to push things with her because he was still trying to hook me back in but looking back she did me a huge favour. They both did.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content