Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Butterfly20
      Participant

I will be leaving my abusive husband next week, and have been offered a 1 bedroom flat in a refuge at the opposite end of the country to be nearer to my best friend. I’m assume gas/electric will be key/card, and I have been told there will be a “kitchen pack” and “bathroom pack”, but what do these include?! Will the kitchen have a selection of pots/pans etc? Or will I need to buy those when I arrive? I can only take a suitcase of clothes with me.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Butterfly20

Thank you for your post. It’s tricky to know exactly what will be provided in your flat, I would suggest calling the refuge to find out as each refuge space can be different. Good luck with the move, you deserve to be happy and I hope this is the start of a happy future for you.

You can also find some useful information about staying in a refuge here: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/the-survivors-handbook/what-is-a-refuge-and-how-can-i-stay-in-one/

Take care and let us know how it goes next week.

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content