Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      thankgoodness
      Participant

My long-time abuser is unfortunately in hospital, I pray for him but I felt for the first time in years that this family member has no power to abuse me. I have tried to be nice to this family member for years, I even wished him good luck in hospital, but I have always been abused by him. I hope this family member reconciles with me after his big health scare. He needs to stop this immature abuse and grow up! This family member is pure evil, I hope he changes to a nicer person after hospital.

thankgoodness
      Participant

But my predictions are that he won’t change after hospital, he is that evil. I hope this big health scare is a wake up call for him to stop being abusive. I have to play the supportive sister because “family is family” even though this brother is abusive.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi thankgoodness

I just wanted to show you some support. It sounds like you have been very kind and supportive to this person. Unfortunately I think you are right that it is very unlikely he will change after hospital.

I hope you have some support in place for yourself as it sounds like a difficult time for you.

Take care

Lisa

starqueen
      Participant

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you thankgoodness, I really do hope that he changes his ways. I have some experience with this, my abuser had worsening health issues. I have to admit that in my case it didn’t get better, the abuse escalated with any kind of stress. Although I hope that this isn’t the case for you, I think it would be useful for you to consider what you might do if it doesn’t change, and how you can support yourself if that does happen. Also, you’re not in any way obligated to someone if they’re abusive towards you – the notion of family works both ways, and if he’s failing to be a decent family member to you, and to give you the support and love that we all deserve from family, you don’t have to put your wellbeing at stake. You can support and love yourself first. Wishing you the best of luck and hoping for a positive outcome for you.

guguta
      Blocked

Hey there, i totally know how it feels because i have been through this and i want to show you some support and let you know that everything will be ok at the end whatever he changed or not, you have to focus on your life and never let this bad experience affect on life and personality. For me i had same bad experience with such bad abuser and when he get sick i looked for (detail removed by Moderator) to find him the best one because i just want to make him feel regret for what he to did to me and this made me feel like revenge.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content