Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I will have to leave so much of my things. My brother has said that he can collect some of my things. I have a cat and a puppy and I am not leaving them. What do I do about the bank account. It’s a joint one.

KIP.
      Participant

You can remove your name by letting the bank know, or empty it and freeze it. Depending on how much is in there. I took money out and left enough to pay the bills. He then froze it meaning neither of us could access it. It then required both signatures for anything to be done. My advice is to fill in the bank form and have your name removed. If there’s money in there to help you get set up. I’d take it x he won’t give you a penny so don’t thunk he will be reasonable. Take what you can x I’d rehome the puppy quickly. You’re going to have enough on your plate without added complications. Before you all get too attached. Many rentals don’t allow dogs x

Hetty
      Participant

While you are still in the house get things into one place as much as you can. I took photos of our important documents so I’d have account numbers etc for a later date. If you can and it’s safe box things up when he’s not there if it would help. I have a box under my bed where all of my important documents were (I’ve since taken them to a family member) and sentimental things. That way you’re not frantically looking for things when it’s time to leave. Don’t feel guilty about taking stuff because once you’re out chances are you won’t get anything else.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content