Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Ending things he said i urgently needed more counselling knowing id had previous dv.. how horrid x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Icandothis

It sounds like he was trying to make you question your mental health at the time, which he probably hoped would also mean having to question your decision to leave. It is a horrible tactic, you try to take control and they will do anything to make you doubt yourself.

Take care and keep posting

Lisa

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks lisa. He said i were very troubled. He knew id had nearly 2 decades dv in my previous relationship. X

fizzylem
      Participant

Good for you being able to see it for what it was ICDT. Sadly, in the cold light of day we come to see, know and feel just how cold and callous these men can be. Horrid how they see our vulnerabilties as something to try and use against us, to throw at us, attack us with – in an attempt to cast doubt and gain control, taking pleasure from causing hurt – sick isn’t it. Mine was and remains expert in this even today. Good riddance to him chick x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content