Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lostandsadgirl
      Participant

Have recently got out of a relationship that I have only just realised was abusive.

It’s only after talking to people that I realised he tried to make me out as controlling but took my debit card to stop me spending, took my car to go to work during lockdown and used to take my phone when I got upset so I couldn’t phone anyone.

Now he has completely cut me off so I can’t contact him but he has a load of photos of me and my own two children that he took (budding photographer apparently)
      He’s refusing to give them to me and has blocked me out of several of my own online accounts. What can I do? Is this just his way of keeping power over me? X

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Lostandsadgirl

Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry to hear about your situation. His behaviour is very controlling, he was financially abusive to you and tried to isolate you.

It’s awful that he has kept these photos of you. You are right in thinking he is doing this to try to keep power and control over you. You could inform the police on 101 about his behaviour and to see if they can help with getting your photos and other belongings back.

Have a read through this page about online abuse to see if you can get some helpful advice https://www.womensaid.org.uk/information-support/what-is-domestic-abuse/onlinesafety/

Take care and please keep posting

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content