Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Neverendingwashing
      Participant

When there are no boundaries… he has access to everywhere?

This on my phone is a risk in itself, thank god for private mode and deleting history, and him at work where I have the space to be away from him.

I want to start a diary but scared he will find it. Yea here do others keep theirs? Need to get the courage to leave and hoping that the diary will help…

Thank you 🙏🏼

Gerbil
      Participant

Hi
      I have started sending emails from my phone to my work email address which he wouldn’t be able to access. Some days I can write a lot , other days maybe just one or two lines describing how awful he has been. I always check my sent box and delete it from my phone.
      I am sure I read on here somewhere that there is a secret app which you can use as a diary.
      Take care x

gettingtired
      Participant

Yes a work email is a good idea as Gerbil said if you have access to one.
      Personally I used to send emails to myself and saved them in a folder named something mundane like ‘bills’ or ‘car insurance’ or something. Mine doesn’t look through my phone though so I’m not sure how safe that would be for you. In glad you have some time away from him whilst he’s at work to keep researching how you can keep safe using incognito mode etc on your phone x

mothball
      Participant

Hi!

I have a few suggestions and tips from my experience 😀

I started looking into this myself a while ago, I’ve found this website called KindMind which is anonymous and claims to not give out any personally-identifying information (but it does track when you log in, etc., just not what you write in it). It doesn’t save the things you write to their servers, so in theory it should work well, as long as you get rid of any trails leading to it.

I’ve tried using my email, but I find that I have a hard time remembering the names that I set in the subject field, so if I wanted to delete all of them at once in case something happened, or just wanted to view it all at once, it would be hard to find everything, if that makes sense. **Another thing about emails is that they often allow you to search the body of text with the search bar, even if they are found under a vaguely named folder or subject. Say, for example, you wrote an entry with the word or phrase “feeling afraid” in the body text, it might pop up depending on your settings. But I suppose that this depends on how familiar with technology he is. I recommend switching your settings so that it only searches the subject bar if you use this method! 🙂

I hope you find something which suits your needs. 😀

X
      Take care

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content