Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      P.S. I love you
      Participant

Not really sure where to start. I do not seem to be able to catch a break. There always seems to be one thing or another, year after year.

I was in a relationship for (detail removed by moderator) years of which to me I had ended last year but for some reason i seem to be stuck in a circle i dont want to be in and after nearly a year and a half I am still in it. I dont know how to get out. I have no strength. No self confidence. No love for myself anymore for the little that i had it has gone. I want it back.

Theres threats with no action. But even though theres no action. Im scared. It is sti in my head. He doesnt get it. But its taken its toll and now i have anxiety. But of course who else to blame but my work.

I dont want to put blame. I just want it to end like a normal relationship would but then that would be too easy!

Everything spirals when he doesnt get his own way

Am i going mad or is this not normal behaviour?

KIP.
      Participant

Google the cycle of abuse. Contact women’s aid. It’s almost impossible to end a relationship with an abuser. They will use every tactic to keep you hooked in. It’s a dangerous time too. I’m afraid it will come down to you going total zero contact with him. He won’t like it but that’s how to move forward. If contact continues from him then I’m afraid it’s time to involve the police. You are scared for very good reason. His threats are designed to control you and it’s been working for over a year. Ring the helpline number on here for advice.or your local women’s aid will help you with a safe exit plan x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content