Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Dreamy77
      Participant

Why is it that we will ( well when I say we ALL I apologise if it offends people but seems to be a running theme) that we almost feel like we can’t speak up DUe to the feeling that we don’t be believed. Why? It’s a strange one isn’t it really – we all know and have lived it. Maybe it a coping mechanism to pretend it didn’t happen and convince your mindset?

Sorry that’s my mind talking. It’s nice to be able to log on here and write how you feeling because the feeling of being A burden on others is awful. Somedays when someone says “how are you?” I just want to break down and tell them but I don’t my Lips simply take over and mouth “ yeah fine thanks, how are you?”. 😢

Sorry for the rant Just a bad day, sitting in a coffee shop alone thinking all things over. It’s a shame we don’t/ can’t meet other people to be Abel to talk too. Is there support groups like that out there??

gettingtired
      Participant

I think for me it’s more the shame of admitting it. I’ve never in my life cried in front of anyone other than him or my immediate family so always put on a brave face. Also, I dont tell anyone to protect him I guess because my family etc all have no idea about the abuse. I feel like we put an added pressure on ourselves by pretending everything is ok though don’t we 😥?
      I’m new here and the fact that there are other women out there dealing with similar stuff to me is some comfort but I was thinking the same as you about support groups that might be out there.. I guess the problem would be if they’re local to the area you’re in then people may know one another and then it gets tricky? 🤔 I’ve no idea though so would be good to know x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content