Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Benson
      Participant

So (detail removed by moderator) I have received notification (detail removed by moderator) as someone has reported me for having a partner who lives with me and I haven’t declared it. This is obviously not the case. When I rang, they couldn’t tell me who, but I know who it is. How low will he go?

Good samaritan
      Participant

I swear it was my ex that did the same thing to me. When domestic abuse has been clarified by the police them or solicitor should have the power to find out who made the reports. My ex even shouted it out on the street but it was because of him making me think I would lose the house. Plus when I first told him not to come back he left voicemails telling me that’s what he was going to do. It’s not right at all. Hugs x

Benson
      Participant

He was found guilty for domestic abuse and I have restraining order. Do you think it is worth reporting it to the police? These men are all very similar. It must have been very worrying for you, thinking you were going to loose your home. The person on the phone, just made me feel guilty, I hate having to justify myself, prove that I am telling the truth. I know why he is doing it, there is a lot going on at the moment, I can’t put the detail on here in case he finds out, all I know is that I have to be alert so that I keep myself and my child safe.

Good samaritan
      Participant

The entire relationship was a worry right from the beginning because he lied about his entire history and dropped bombshell after bombshell he’d led me to believe he had left a really good lifestyle to come and be with me only for the truth to surface when he had already moved in that he had a criminal past and none of what he had told me about himself was true. Now I’m living in constant fear of how he will lie to cause trouble for me next. He’s already twisted it around on me and I’ve ended up with a harassment warning. I would mention it to the police and keep a record of date and times of calls. I hope you find some clarity soon. It’s horrible not been able to find closure or peace from it all. Hugs x

Serenity
      Participant

This happened to me. My credits were frozen while they investigated: I had to send in all kinds of proof.

I am sure it was my ex who did this, just to cause me financial anxiety. But I had no real proof.

My ex is obsessed with money: earning it, swindling people over it, hiding it- and it’s his first choice of weapon, too.

I hope you get it all sorted as soon as possible.

Good samaritan
      Participant

Serenity

Your ex sounds like mine. Mine ran up debts with his own bank til they froze his accounts and then gave my bank details to his boss without my knowledge. That was after he had made me claim UC when my hrs at work dropped. He had already destroyed my house and made me bleed with his temper when he ran out of cigarettes or he’d lost his work money playing the bandits or buying scratchcards. He too was obsessed and had to have the most expensive tv packages even though he was never home to watch it and I never watched tv at all when he wasn’t. Everything he did was to show off to people on Facebook or people he met through his job. It’s so frightening that they can get away with reporting us even though it was done under duress and while in distress. I hated it but didn’t know what to do

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content