Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Happiermex
      Participant

Hello, it’s been a few months out for me now no contact, i pushed through so hard to keep the days rolling and keep busy but now I still feel mentally a mess I still miss him some days I still feel I really just want him back. It’s like my brain has shut down and Iv forgot how scary it was and how empty and worthless I felt.. I’m on a waiting list for counselling which I think will be very helpful.. but any support is greatly appreciated x

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

I think this is completely normal and your still in the relatively early days of it all. You’ve done so well to keep busy and distract yourself so Continue to look after yourself.

I’m sorry I haven’t got much more advice but just didn’t want to not encourage the amazing distance you’ve come already xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

‘The Hook’ thread here might help explain why you feel like you do…. There are reasons, very real reasons…none of which are your fault.

Cinderellaslippers
      Participant

Hi I’m new on here. I understand your pain and I know it’s not easy to be in this alone but know you’re not alone. Do you pray? I suggest you pray and ask God to give you peace. It has helped me so much. I have been in two abusive relationships. My first one I was almost killed on multiple occasions. The second was more a n**********c abusive relationship yet turned physical towards the end yet also he was physically in the middle too one time too so I try to forgive myself for the hoping he would change but didn’t. We can always hope but we lose years of our live while we wait on them to change. Stay strong and know you can do it!!! Your life is worth it my dear.

Hi, I’m also new on here, but wanted to share….I’m a few years down the line now but I found the first part after leaving the hardest…it often felt like such a huge loss and I was grieving for what I thought I had…and with a tiny baby too. So that was extra hard. We also as people tend to look for the best in people, and for me with my ex’s training of me to always question myself and my view of things, I quickly forgot the bad. I never wanted to go back to him, and had to keep some level of contact with him for our child, but I did often forgot how awful it all was and have kept some of the things he wrote to me to remind me when I feel like it wasn’t so bad, what it was actually like and that I never want to be in a relationship with someone who would say those things. x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content