Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      lovelifefreely
      Participant

I am having a bad time at the moment very depressed, fed up, was suicidal last week, but decided to change my mind. but it doesnt really help, still feeling like everything is so hard, just breathing is hard, going into work is hard, and listening to people talk about buying clothes and looking nice and getting their hair done – i just want to scream, these things seem so pathetic and trivial, compared to how i am feeling. yet am jealous, because i wish that was all that went on in my head, what i wouldnt give to have such a narrow and limited view on the world, and be happy in my ignorance, where every step feels like walking through hot tar. i feel so seperated from the world. its hard to explain, but thanks for listening.

Sorry just needed to say that out loud !

Thanks

Cecile
      Participant

Well done for this. I had e felt like this a lot. It was a very strong and courageous thing to share with us. It is all hard, that is what these men do to us. But it can get better. Keep posting. Do you have any one to confide in?XX

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there and welcome to the forum, what you have done was really brave, you’ve taken your first step away from an abusive relationship. Its a long bumpy road, filled with massive doubts. Keep posting and reading others posts. Just take baby steps.
      IWMB 💞💞

diymum@1
      Participant

This is where this forum opens our eyes xx your not alone at all feeling like this and it can be all consuming and lonely space in your own mind. I felt like that for decades feeling am I the only one experiencing this? And I’d look back and also look at other people and just dream of being care free again. I can’t say I’ve ever fully gotten back to that but once your out and long away you certainly get close again xx to live in the now rather than preempting what’s he going to do next xx what mood do we try to deal with now xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

“To live in the now”, that’s what I am doing fir the most part and it is soooooo liberating. Fir the first time in years I’m beginning to feel excited about things I am doing, even planning holidays a few years down the line. I ran a bath a little while ago, something I’d never have been able to do in my old life, as it was so late. Oh the simple things in life, it’s great getting to enjoy them again. I’ll never give them up.
      Thanks for this post @DIYMUM
      IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content