Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Yellowflower
      Participant

I don’t know what it is but I find weekends so hard I always end it wanting my little family back together so badly. It drives me mad because in the week I think I go through the motions and keep myself busy. Plus I know he will be at work… at the weekend my mind goes into overdrive. Thinking what would we be doing now? What is he doing now? And who with? Have I been replaced so quickly. Is someone in my home in my bed… why has he not told me he misses me not once since I left has he tried to sort this out. Yet I left so many times before and he talked me round? I try so hard to keep my mind focused and just let the emotions be and ride through it. But why won’t these feelings of missing him completely go. I want to hate him I do I don’t want to miss him.. miss our family. He had the world right in the palms of his hands i gave him absolutely everything I could. Does he ever think of me? Does he care at all about me? The lies his making up now I guess means no. I’m beyond devastated that our family is destroyed I look at little families when I’m out and long for that so badly. I wouldn’t say I’m lonely I have my beautiful children maybe I’m craving what can never be I guess. I just hoped by now these feelings would have faded I hate feeling so sad xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Yellowflower yes weekends are hard because it’s family time and he should be with you but as an abuser he chose not to value the family life he had.
      Grieving the feelings and future you had for him is fine and missing him will lessen over time but it does takes time…maybe help yourself by distracting yourself on weekends by going away and staying with family and friends? And invite them over. Plan and book up the next coming weekends and months to keep you occupied and at the same time you’re reconnecting with your family and friends and enjoying yourself, turning your attention back on yourself.
      It will get better, slowly and surely. Step by step. Keep strong and have a good start tomorrow
      💕

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content