Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Moonflower1
      Participant

Hi

I know I need to phone the someone for advice and I have number here for WA and a lawyer but I cant bring myself to pick up the phone. I want to but I feel that he can somehow see what I am doing. I know this is ridiculous – he’s miles away but I feel he can see right through me.

My anxiety levels are rising as he works away all week and comes back tonight and I just don’t know what mood he’ll be in when he arrives. My daughter and I have a lovely routine in the week, its all relaxed and calm and then as soon as he arrives home it chaos.

This is just not how I want to live.

Serenity
      Participant

Take a deep breath and do it. 🌺

Once you hear their lovely kind voices, your fears will disappear.

They are very aware of your need for safety, and their first question is always whether you are in a safe place.

The day I phoned the helpline was the day the ball was set rolling for my journey towards healing and freedom. I thank the Lord for the day I rang Women’s Aid!

White Rose
      Participant

Just do it. You won’t regret it.
      WA first, solicitor second..
      You’ve done the hardest bit which is accepting that you are on the receiving end of DA.
      Persevere even if helpline engaged or leave a message. I recommend it – so helpful and you’ll feel supported by the fab tea on the end of the phone.
      Make a cuppa, grab a note pad and tissues – I bawled my eyes out as it was the first time anyone really got what I was experiencing xx

White Rose
      Participant

that’s team not tea on the end of the phone, I was correcting it and hey presto it got sent!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content