Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      IWillBeHappy
      Participant

How can someone who was so vile to me also made me feel like he was my best friend at the same time? (detail removed by moderator). Its so confusing to feel relief and freedom but to feel sad and lonely at the same time. I miss my friend.

Rosamond
      Participant

I too am going through the same. (detail removed by moderator) I have bagged everything up today and put in an outbuilding. I feel so lonely and miss him so much. My emotions are all over the place, I cannot come to terms with everything that has happened. He was 80% amazing 20% a monster. I miss the companionship, the love, the laughter, the affection. But then I cannot reconcile that with the man who verbally and physically abused me, who was an absolute monster. I just don’t know how to begin to heal myself.

IWillBeHappy
      Participant

It’s such a confusing time. I wish I could know when this will settle. Not having a time frame to work on is part of the problem I think. I know I’ve down the right thing. I know things will get better. But when? When do these monsters become nothing?

I also feel sad that our baby will never know what’s its like to live with her father. But I at the same I know I shouldn’t because he said he’d take her from me.

Rosamond do you have children? Or family and friends around you?

I hope you feel stronger and less lonely soon x*x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Even though he was abusive he was still your husband/partner and you’ll still go through the classical stages of grief, you might want to search for the five stages of grief.
      💕

Minimrs
      Participant

I feel the same I just want my friend back. The children are upset with me because I made there dad move out. They are asking for me to let him back home and he keeps asking me too. I feel like I’m the one who is doing wrong.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content