Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Daisydo
      Participant

People keep saying I will struggle bringing the kids up on my own without him, it’s hard work and not easy. Even close family, who I thought understood where I was coming from apparently think I won’t cope on my own & need him. I can suffer from anxiety but day to day cope really well. It may set me back & make me feel ill but what’s my other option? No, he might not beat me & seem that bad too others, but he has anger issues and is verbally abusive and very hard to live with, you are constantly walking on egg shells. I struggle to do certain things by myself but thought I may have a network of support out there, now I’m not so sure. Why do people have to make me doubt my choices, I want to show them & prove them wrong, but what if I can’t. He is so clever, he has told people I won’t cope & they believe him!!
      Anything has got to be better than the current situation??
      Anybody else come across this?
      DD xx

KIP.
      Participant

Don’t let them affect your decisions. They don’t have to live with him. Just prove them wrong. Hold your head high and build a support network where you can find it. Sometimes it could be they don’t want to have to step up. Easier to blame others. You can do this. It’s easier without someone dragging you down and trying to undermine your parenting. You know the truth. Keep going x

Newst@rt
      Participant

I’m a single mum now too, and my children don’t have any contact with their dad. It is tough, not having any back up or support, but I didn’t get much support when I was in the relationship, so I would say that being on my own, as a single mum, is so much easier. I don’t have a lot of support but am slowly meeting some lovely women (mainly through my eldest’s school, and it has taken a long time but I’m getting there) and so feel less alone and more supported as time goes on. Good luck, it is worth it x*x

diymum@1
      Participant

It can be hard work – I don’t have a lot of family support and for the first time my daughter was away overnight. It made us both realise how close we are she couldn’t wait to be home where she knows where her bread is buttered. She appreciates me and I her. That is a gift. Being a single mum gives you the chance to truly bond with your child with no abuser in the mix xx the very fact your asking Why? Why not xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content