Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I asked X to remove certain objects out of reach of my child, and they called me names, said I was telling them how to arrange their house and stormed off – then accused me of going off at her for asking her to move things. I just don’t get it.

Sometimes I say nothing, other times I feel the need to point out name-calling isn’t nice. Any advice- should I just say nothing to prevent them getting more wound up and explain to child later than name-calling isnt ok?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Because they are insecure little bullies. That’s what they do. Has nothing to do with you and everything to do with who they are. They won’t take responsibility for anything, it affects their wee little ego so everything has to be about them and for them. Me, me and me, that’s all that’s important in their world. If you have needs or wants or desires – tough! They don’t care. Once you see this kind of behavior don’t expect anything else out of them. This is all you’re going to get unless they want to play nice because they want something from you. We can spend alot of time going over and over in our head as to why an alligator is an alligator and not a bunny rabbit. It just wastes alot of life’s precious time, right? It’s an alligator so now you have to deal with it appropriately and decide if you want to live your life being surrounded by such on a daily basis? You do what you have to do in order to survive here but hopefully that is only going to be temporary because I hope you are not wanting to stay in this………might be time to make an exit plan. Living in abuse is no way to live sweetheart, not for you and not for your child. We are here to help you any way we can but cowering and living like a slave isn’t the life for you. It’s just not. Even if you’re weak you have to reach out and grab hold of a way out. Most of us are weak when we do this but it can be done! Maybe make a call here and just talk to them……https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content