Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Okeydokey
      Participant

So alone no one to talk to with my situation is it really me no friends am I the problem

nbumblebee
      Participant

Hey I feel your pain i am lonley too what friends i have are our friends and theres no way i can talk to them. Use this forum, talk to us on here we know how you feel, we feel it too.
      Let it out sweetie you will feel so much better we are here xxxx

KIP.
      Participant

No you’re not the problem. Being in an abusive relationship isolates us and it’s so hard to come back from that. It takes time and baby steps.

Okeydokey
      Participant

I feel I’m never gonna be happy it never gonna get better for me will I ever have fun again smile enjoy life when so isolated an alone thanks ,watching TV just makes it hard but all I got right now🤷‍♀️

gettingtired
        Participant

Hey, I’m not sure what your situation is but you will not always feel this way. Have you got any support from your local women’s aid? Most run group sessions where you can talk via zoom to others who understand/have experienced similar. Please be kind to yourself and take time to do something you enjoy, even the simplest of things can make a difference sometimes I find. You’re not alone 💓

Okeydokey
      Participant

Hi thanks I’ve been to gp was referred to talking therapy got assessed but nothing more as come of it I did go wa group before lockdown I let him back in so I cancelled it more fool me xx

Hebe
      Participant

Hi Okeydokey, sometimes the wheels of help travel slowly, counselling takes time to set up and also for the benefits to be realised.

Yes the TV makes for a poor companion, and it doesn’t feed your mind. gettingtired’s suggestion to find something you like doing helps, being creative, baking, reading a book, knitting or crochet is nice and portable. Sometimes we don’t have the energy for that either, but even thinking about something else helps to release our minds from the troubling thoughts. They don’t then sit at the forefront and may continue running in the background but free us to be ourselves instead of locked into the cycle of low mood and anxiety.

Hey, did you know that the act of smiling actually helps you feel better? I rediscovered my actual height recently, I really enjoyed it and I smiled inside. I have set myself a challenge to do at least 10mins exercise and check my posture. If I find I’ve slumped, I pull myself up. The physical act feeds the mental one.

Like you, I looked about me and found I had no friends, they had been driven away or I didn’t want to bring them into the situation. Just me & him. I was lonely. I am now alone, but not lonely. I am free to do what I wish, when I want to, without the constant harping and carping. That is bliss. You will find a new normal, new friendships, it takes time.

The loss of your relationship with your child is so painful to learn. Again, it will take time to recover that, reach out to accept the help which is available for you. Only when we reach out can we take a step forwards. You will get there, be kind to yourself, it takes time.
      Hugs
      x

Okeydokey
      Participant

Here xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content