Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

My local government have just given over £1.5 million to domestic abuse and rape charities. They recognise what’s happening behind closed doors. Abusers feel their victims are more trapped and helpless than ever and this is often a trigger for abuse. For me when we were in the car or in a hotel room, I knew what was coming. It’s similar when we are trapped indoors. They see us even more vulnerable and hence they up the abuse. Knowing our options are limited. Most of the charities in the domestic abuse and rape sectors are still running. A true showing of just how much they care. Use them x

fizzylem
      Participant

Oh great! I’ve heard a lot lobbying lately and requests made for this – good stuff. So maybe instead of thinking now isn’t the time, now I’ll have to wait – NOW is exactly the right time because the resources are there to help x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content