Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MixedUpandConfused
      Participant

I’ve been away from my now ex for (detail removed by moderator) The first week was definitely the hardest with him constantly phoning and texting, to the point where my dad intervened and told him to leave me alone. He then had his sister contact me, again to the point my dad got involved. To avoid any of them contacting me, I blocked and deleted their numbers, blocked all his family on social media etc. Which was a massive step for me and I was very proud of myself for being able to be strong enough. The last I heard from any of them was a week and a half ago and it was great. It did not stop the nightmares I’ve been having (detail removed by moderator) however I felt a lot more relaxed. Then this morning while getting ready for work (detail removed by moderator)Call me crazy, but I burst out crying, not because I miss him, but because I was so angry that he thinks he has any right to contact me after everything he has put me through! How dare he? Does he think I’m sitting about waiting to hear from him? Why can’t he just accept the fact it’s over and leave me alone? I’m trying to rebuild my life and get back to the person I was before I met him, but how do I do that if he won’t leave me alone? It’s made me so angry all day!

Rebuilding
      Participant

My ex just started contacting me again after a couple years. Him and his girlfriend split and all of a sudden he’s back to trying to get hold of me. And he’s been using his ill nan as an excuse. You just have to remember that your not there support system. They don’t deserve your response. And technology has created ways for us to block them from contacting. I know it’s really hard but change your netflix password so he cant use it. Block him and his family on fb block there numbers.

MixedUpandConfused
        Participant

Thanks Rebuilding. I’ve blocked all his family, which I feel bad about as his mum was really good to me and in no way supported the way he treated me, but I just felt it’s best to have no way of him finding out anything about my life now. I’ve decided just to start a new Netflix account altogether that he won’t be able to get into, I was just so angry he would use something like that as a way of contacting me. My dad was going to phone him to tell him to stop it all, but I thought it was best to ignore it as his excuse would just be that he didn’t contact me directly?

Confused123
      Participant

hey hun

u doing ever so well, yes cwell doen for closing account and just opening a new one, ignore him, his after a reaction, u still at early days they will try so mnay tatics but i am so proud of u to be strong enough to go no contac with him and his family

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content