Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      afterhim
      Participant

I haven’t posted in a while because I’ve been having up and down days. I’ve started going the gym and seeing the lighter side of life again. I’ve arranged to meet friends that I haven’t see in a long time. But.. he’s still there. He consumes alot of my thoughts and now I dream about him every night. Some dreams I’m back there like I never left. Some dreams I’ve gone back to him. Some dreams he’s abused me. Some he even kills me. This has been ongoing for 2 weeks. I just feel like I’m back peddling when I go to sleep. The police are still dragging their feet. I don’t know, I just feel like I’m trapped, that my life is on hold until they arrest him. Maybe that’s why my dreams are all consuming. I’m just looking for the end. Does anyone else feel like this? Or has anyone came out the other side of it?
      Thanks for all your supportive messages so far.it helps to know I’m not alone.😘

Freshwaterlilly
      Participant

Iam sorry you find yourself in this place, it’s all about them having control on us
      Iam am in almost the same position as you except I have to live with him until this has all been dealt with (detail removed by moderator) has passed since we broke up
      I’ve not spoken a word to him
      It’s his ultimate weapon silence and he has it in abundance
      Every day is a struggle and every day another challenge (detail removed by moderator) I’ve instructed a solicitor I’ve lent the money from my family to start divorce process I can’t wait any longer to get though to rights for women it’s impossible I’ve tried every opening time for weeks
      I want my life and space back this will never happen unless I take control back
      It’s a fight every single day
      let’s fight it together all of us
      I wish you strength to get through this time

diymum@1
      Participant

I had nightmares when I was in the thick of it -once he was out of the picture the bad dreams stopped. Our brain certainly can work against us because I felt like I was literally being dragged around in my dreams. Which I was in reality Messed around emotionally xx it’s our way of processing what’s happening but it is doubly traumatic xx what I wanted to get over it does get better I haven’t had a nightmare in about 7 months now xx 💕 💕 you’ll be the same you’ll get through this xxluv diymum

afterhim
      Participant

Thank you 😘

Bleedingheart
      Participant

I’ve been feeling exactly the same,I’ve been eating well,jogging, yoga,making a massive effort to take people up on offers of meeting up and getting in touch with old friends,then bam! I can hardly think straight cos he’s consuming every thought! Not sure what my triggers are,I’m awaiting counciling. All I can say to help you is that I’ve been in this dark place before and the fog has eventually lifted so I know it will again,just as it will for you. Just try to keep as many good habits as you can and your sleep pattern should return to normal and you’ll wake up one morning happy that he hasn’t interrupted your dreams. Just keep going and looking forward as much as you can. Sending you love and strength.💓💓

afterhim
      Participant

Thank you for your support. It’s frustrating isn’t it? It’s like you feel like your getting somewhere and then it all goes to pot. I spoke with a lady who runs the freedom program and she tthinks it’s PTSD that I have. I’m going to go to the Drs and try and get a handle on things!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content