Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Overcome
      Participant

I cant find the number to ring to speak to womens aid right now? Can anyone help me?

I need advice urgently.

Many thanks

diymum@1
      Participant

0300 011 1111

Overcome
      Participant

Thank you, waiting for a call back x

diymum@1
      Participant

How did you get in overcome? Let us know your alright ❤️

Overcome
      Participant

I got a call back last night. They agree that I am backed up against a corner with everything that has happened over the past week. They advised me to seek legal advice as a priority and to get alternative accommodation. I am completely shut off from his family – who once felt like my own. And I just want to show everyone what he has been doing to me and the children! I am still finding it so scary to do that though!

I have a meeting planned with my case worker to get the ball rolling, and a doctors appt too.

I’m finding it all really difficult to cope with right now, I can’t stop crying I feel so totally torn for my poor children. But he has shown me nothing but cruelty and that’s not on.

It feels like it has come at the absolute worst time. I am meant to be starting my new job soon but I feel like it’s all been ruined, I don’t know how I am going to cope alone and the whole ordeal with the coming battle just feels like such a big mountain, I feel like I have lost my whole life and maybe even eventually, my children too.

How do you all get through this?

diymum@1
      Participant

It’s a cliche but one day at a time step by step. More so belief in what your doing is for all the right reasons. I learned a lot from my experience the exact same I was☹️I didn’t know what to do or which way to turn. The beginning off all off this is a blur I will be honest. I do remember picking myself up tho when I got a real foot up the arse. He went to find out if he could take half the house to put us out. After that I thought right it’s game on. Anger set in really. I wrote a list of everything I needed to do and chipped away just about everyday. I had a day off when I got overwhelmed. The secret is to keep pushing through endurance and belief in what your doing will see u through. Days turn to months and before you know it u have stacks of evidence and professionals behind you. There will be bumps in the road as some people don’t want to help or get involved but that’s how it goes. Keep going and this shows everyone a clear message you want justice xx you will get it – if you need a hand we’re here 💖

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Overcome, as you might know Women’s Aid no longer run The National Domestic Violence Helpline it is now run by Refuge. But it is still available 24/7 on 0808 2000 247 should you need to call.

You could also access Women’s Aid Live Chat if you need some support, this service is currently available 10 am-12 pm Monday to Friday.

Best wishes

Lisa

Overcome
      Participant

Thank you ladies,

Feeling much more positive today and optimistic. It’s so nice getting the silent treatment actually! I can think clearly, i’m not feeling down because of negative comments and I am arming myself with the tools to counteract the badmouthing being done to my children. Long may it continue!

With love,

Overcome x

diymum@1
      Participant

That’s good baby steps and you’ll get stronger with time. Your healing and strength will do the same for your kids.youll lead them by example – don’t be scared to forge forward because kids and us for that matter are very resilient. There’s no choice we have to be. Keep going you sound soo positive I take my hat off. When your going through all of this that is very commendable xx ❤️

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content