Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Headcook
      Participant

Is he genuine

I am so confused right now I have my plans to leave we are all leaving them together me alone this has to happen and it will
      I’m being asked will we see one another
      I’m struggling to see how this will actually work as his partner is still no speaking I tried asking how this word work me visiting
      To be told it’s his place too
      I explained it would be uncomfortable going to them to receive the same silence from her
      Except I would be in their home so could that actually be worse
      He then questioned wether (detail removed by moderator). Wow
      When exactly would you draw the line with trying with someone not responding to you
      What is a fair amount of time before it crosses into Infact abuse from her and the very least rude
      I did say (detail removed by moderator) I got nothing back

I raised all that’s expected us living here our duty as equal tenants to return this place in the condition we found it in
      I’m being given loads of words he will do this he will pay his share
      If money is lost he will cover half so I don’t loose out again wow
      I did ask for that in writing
      He just wanted to no if I didn’t trust him

Will help me move he says although at this point I am reluctant to even say I have a place lined up so again I’m unsure
      All this took place mr nice mr amicable then he went Out (detail removed by moderator) upon his return he had switched again to asking me questions why had I not told him (detail removed by moderator) had been to the house
      He didn’t believe my answer he was going.to phone and check I was telling him the truth had I let this man in the house. Prob afraid I would show him the damage to this mans property
      There was a problem with his checks on his place so think I got the brunt of that
      Although the implication was it was my fault for his change of mood

Words. Are easy they always have been with him but I’ve slowly been detaching myself from him More non accepting of his ways no real emotion to him so very hard

Then (detail removed by moderator). I’m hearing he’s been in contact with his dad another big big wow

Another kick for me deep distress
      He doesn’t no that I no this

I’m at a big loss here to no what to believe lots of this needs doing so I don’t bear the cost of most of this
      Wish I new how to handle this now

Hc

KIP.
      Participant

Believe nothing. Get on with your own life and plan your own new place and put yourself first. Do not tell him where you are moving to and expect him to pay nothing that you’re owed. There’s FaceTime and phones for communication and public places for meetings, now is the time to set your boundaries and stick to them. Write down every time he has hurt you, name called, frightened you, thrown things at you, blamed you. His an abuser with a biological link to you. I’ve had to cut contact with my son. He’s not the boy who grew up with me. He’s learned abuse or perhaps it’s genetic but it’s out with my control now. And it will continue to destroy you while you have an abuser in your life.

Headcook
      Participant

She’s broken her silence
      Came to me and hugged me said sorry sorry sorry
      I asked could we talk
      We have
      I’ve told her I will always be there for grandchild and her
      There will be no I told you so from me just support as I’ve always shown to them
      Have said I’m very afraid for her and child
      That he will prob never change
      That what he does is abuse and violent
      Told her she is going to do what she going to do I no this the warnings are there through living here staring her in the face

She has told him one incident and she will leave him
      Time will tell
      She looks sad and broken
      I did ask is this a set up she claimed not
      Made it clear I will get hurt by him if this comes out police will be called and he will be removed for good

I can do no more
      My head and heart are aching

Hc.

KIP.
      Participant

Be prepared for her to tell him. She’s trapped too.

Headcook
      Participant

Yes I am on alert over this
      Phone fully charged ready to call 999
      Have spoken with support worker this morning so she is aware this has taken place
      Will not speak of it again with her

Thank you.

Hc

bringbacktheoldme
      Participant

You have done the best thing by saying that you will always be there for her and your grandchild and as you say time will now tell but you have handed that olive branch now and it is always there for her to grab if she needs to.

Headcook
      Participant

We are back to square one
      Short answers abrupt
      I remained distant don’t think I was supposed to do this be this way was supposed to be back to my accommodating self
      Flying monkey was in action ?
      Sorry is normally followed with action change I believe correct me if I’m wrong ?
      I did not get his wrath only grilled had I found a place did I want to see what there place was like on his phone
      Felt all about them again
      Don’t think I gave away what he wanted her to find out I was into it
      Only spoke of concern for her and child this he knows already just doesn’t care

Couple of days this be done
      Please give me what I need to get through this keep crying knowing it has to happen

Hc

Hazydayz
        Participant

Headcook. Nobody here can give you what you need? Only You can do this! and you are doing it! You are doing what you should have done a long time ago, arn’t you. Starting a new life for yourself! Stay focused! You will get through this! The tears are healing! Your coming to terms with it all, that’s good! Wishing you happiness for the future & very best of everything! Good luck with everything💞

Headcook
      Participant

Thank you

No I no nobody here can give me what I want
      What I meant was give me the strength That I need to be able to get through this next stage
      Yes it’s been a long time coming mainly cause it’s my son and I feel makes this harder for me
      My support worker is always saying this is double the blow because he’s my son
      I’m grieving him leaving and the abuse just complicates it even more
      I agree with her fully
      My posts are my way of expressing myself writing what I’m unable to voice living here for fear of repercussion actually having an opinion and any support is appreciated and continues my knowledge from others further down along than I currently am
      I’m being told this is the most dangerous time so am understandably anxious
      Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Hc

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Yes sorry’s should be followed by action, you are correct. Otherwise there are just words. It is a little difficult to say if she is a victim in this or enabler perhaps both.

Sending you strength Headcook, you are right to be vigilant at the end, you know I think you are very strong, you are standing your grounds and keep focused on moving forward with your plans all the while observing them and even gave her a heart to heart talk and offered your support. You gave your absolute everything to them and now to yourself. Keep standing strong, hold steady, do not tell him your new address ever.
      Keep in touch with your support worker. Soon this will be over. Hold tight. Breathing visual relaxing exercises help keep you grounded check online, youtube.
      💕💪

KIP.
      Participant

It’s all going to be okay. Once you’re settled in your new place you will have your own life to get on with. The parting had to come at some point and he’s a father now with his own responsibilities. Time to let him go. Time for you now.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content