Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

Today it really gets to me. I am so furious that I was bullied by my manager at work for suffering domestic abuse. There should not be a stigma on women who suffer domestic abuse and get out of it. I find it so terribly wrong and so against my human rights that I was nearly sacked when I went through the worst horror of my life.
      I think what my manager has done is unforgiveable.
      Some of my colleagues avoided me too.
      I am being treated like an outcast because I told them the truth.
      But what could I do. I had excessive court hearings and they not long finished. I needed to request time off to attend these hearings. Some colleagues were empathic, but all in all they consider me to being a less reliable person although I do more work than anybody else.
      My manager overloads me with work deliberately and critisizes me all the time. I watch what the others do and how they are treated. I never take sick leave whilst others are on sick leave all the time without any consequences. For me it is clear that I am subjected to bullying.
      I cannot wait to get out of there again.
      There should be laws that force employers to support women who flee domestic abuse, not to destroy them!!!

Confused123
      Participant

hey hun

just sending u hug of support, i know its so hard how they hold it aggainst us, hope u ok

Ayanna
      Participant

Thank you Confused123, I do not understand why it is a crime to flee domestic abuse. I was treated as if I had committed something. This is full blown abusive patriarchy. It seems they rather prefer us to get killed than getting out and taking the abusers to court.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content