Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

So, he assaulted me and I finally decided to press charges. He’s out of my house and I’m free.

But a friend tells me he’s said he’s going to make counter allegations. When the last incident kicked off, he photographed dome bite marks up his arm which he says he’ll now report. I didn’t do them and the friend thinks he did them himself.

I’m worried about what the police will make of this and devastated that he’d do this. The anger I could deal with; it’s all the lies that killed it for me šŸ™

KIP.
      Participant

Landy, my ex made counter allegations. Itā€™s just what they do. I was so shocked but the police will look at his statement and evidence and may want to speak to you. This is what happened to me. Itā€™s just the police doing their job. My advice was to make no comment which is what I did and they took me home. They know itā€™s rubbish but have to be seen to be fair. Itā€™s also what killed it for me. Made me realise the nasty selfish self serving predator he really was. The funny thing is if heā€™s just admitted it and declared his undying love for me I would probably have taken him back so he did me a huge favour, email yourself what your friend has told you so that if the police do question you they will see youā€™re one step ahead x also tell your mutual friends that you do not wish to hear anything about him. Itā€™s triggering.

KIP.
      Participant

Try not to worry. Itā€™s nonsense and the police deal with this all the time. My ex had scratches from gardening and tried to say Iā€™d done it. Theyā€™re unbelievable but it still hurts. This just shows how little he actually cares x

Anonymous
      Inactive

It has really brought home to me what a nasty person he is. I keep reading about how abusers are contrite after an incident. He never has been. We just have to forget it happened. What gives him the right to try to destroy me like this?

KIP.
      Participant

I will tell you a fable. There was once a lovely swan and a scorpion. The scorpion wanted to cross the river and he asked many birds to help him until finally the swan agreed. She said please donā€™t sting me and he promised he wouldnā€™t. Anyway, he jumped on the swans back and she took him across the river. As soon as they got onto dry land the scorpion stung the swan very badly. Injured and shocked she said to the scorpion, why did you do that to me when I was so kind to you? To which the scorpion replied, Iā€™m a scorpion itā€™s just what I do. Heā€™s an abuser, itā€™s just what they do.
      I donā€™t even think of it as personal anymore. I could have been any woman and she would have got the same treatment. In the end his arrest was what helped me get free and stay free. Hang in there. Youā€™re stronger than you think x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Landy, I’m pleased for you that he’s been arrested. His counter accusation is mince and we know that as do the police. I agree with saving the email. I think the lies they make up in retaliation are so outlandish, that to come from someone pertaining to love us just shows how little they actually did love us. Keep strong my friend you’re doing brilliantly.
      IWMB šŸ’•šŸ’•

EbonyRaven
      Participant

I’m so pleased for you that he’s out. That’s brilliant news. The bite marks will show as not yours straight away, everyone’s mouth is different, it’s like a signature. Not that they’d likely take him that seriously anyway. They have to do their job though, so they could ask you to voluntarily attend the station and answer some questions. They have to if someone makes a report.
      They will see the fact that so very suddenly after you had to call them about him, he makes a counter allegation. They will see it for what it is.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you. My head tells me all you are telling me. But my heart hurts so much. And I don’t know why. As you say, he never loved me and any woman would have done šŸ™ Police have confirmed they plan to charge him when he answers bailĀ Ā (detail removed by moderator). And my plan is to face him in open court; not by video link or behind a screen. I want to look him in the eye and tell the court what he did to me. But right now, it hurts so much I don’t know what to do with myself.

btw no offence but I have reported your previous post as it contains a date that is better off I feel not part of this thread iykwim.
      Not inappropriate content just not completely anonymous…

btw if there is anything I am missing about my own situation, please let me know ladies, the lens of fear is sometimes overwhelming and it leads me to be more frightened at times than maybe I need to be. …

all best
      ftc
      x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I would ask the same too please as @ftc says, sometimes we dont see just how bad our situation is while being in the middle of it. Thanks all.
      IWMB šŸ’•šŸ’•

KIP.
      Participant

Hi Landy, Court could be months or even years away so take it slowly. He may even plead guilty when he sees what heā€™s up against. And gets legal advice, although mine didnā€™t. Try to keep thinking with your head meantime. Your heart will catch up x

Anonymous
      Inactive

FTC, if it’s my post you reported, no offence taken. Thank you x

I hope the court case isn’t too far away. I just want it all over! I have no idea how the system works. All my police/ court knowledge comes from the television! Is it likely there’ll just be a trial with sentencing on the same day or will they want psychiactric reports etc before sentencing?

I can’t see he’d confess in a million years, no matter what the evidence. He’d swear black was white if he had to do that to absolve himself of blame.

Anonymous
      Inactive

FTC, my view is that my oh only thinks of himself and doesn’t care who he hurts in getting what he wants. Yours sounds the same. He also likes to put me down at every opportunity. It’s just their way of controlling us and making themselves feel better about who they are. It’s not about us.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi Landy, get in touch with Victim Support who were fantastic and will guide you through the whole court process…

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve done that already, KIP.

Signed off all the paperwork at the police station last night. They tell me the file will he sent to the CPS today:(

KIP.
      Participant

Youā€™re doing the right thing. CPS should keep you updated. You have rights as a victim to be kept updated. Itā€™s a rollercoaster ride now. Try to concentrate on yourself and seek out some good counselling x

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ā© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England ā€“ Womenā€™s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Womenā€™s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions ā”‚ Privacy & cookie policy ā”‚ Site map ā”‚ Protect yourself onlineā”‚ MediaĀ ā”‚Ā Jobs ā”‚ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content