Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      dancing in the rain
      Participant

I can’t believe that after all he’s done to me and all I’ve learnt from posts here I am still worried about him. The last few weeks, since I suggested he was abusing me and started sleeping in separate room he has been drinking a bottle of wine a day! He has high blood pressure and I’m worried he is putting himself at severe risk. I don’t know if I should ask for help for him from somewhere.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi dancing in the rain

I just wanted to show you some support. It’s a difficult situation as you still have feelings, but you can not stop his behaviour and you did not cause his drinking.

You could speak to Al-anon UK or Drinkline who both have a confidential helpline where you could get some advice around this.

Take care and keep posting to let us know how you are doing,

Lisa

dancing in the rain
      Participant

Thank you Lisa x

KIP.
      Participant

He’s doing this to get your sympathy and regain control of the situation. He’s not your responsibility. They will try anything. He’s doing it so you see it. Remember the FOG of abuse. The Fear Obligation and Guilt. Guilt is a huge tool in their box. Speak to women’s aid. Remember abuser become very dangerous when we try to end the relationship as they see their grip on you loosen.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content