Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

Something has been worrying me this week.

I remember telling my DV worker that I was glad that I had boys, as my ex was so sexually inappropriate and pervy that I would have honestly felt anxious if I’d had a daughter.

My DV worker said that this would make no difference, that boys were at as much risk.

She also said that she believed that there were lots of things my son hadn’t told me ( he only opened up to me about much of the abuse after his dad had left).

I am now worried that my ex may have been inappropriate with my boys and the thought won’t go away.

moongazinghedgehog
      Participant

What a horrible thing to be told.

Are you able to ask your DV worker why she believes that?

Does she have contact with your son? Is it possible that he has told her things that she is meant not to share with anyone?

Ayanna
      Participant

You can only find out from your son. Make him talk generally about the experiences with his dad. He needs to know that you are always there for him and there are no secrets between you and him.
      I know a girl who was raped as a child. Now she is in her twenties and still has not told her parents. She is very ill and they wonder why.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content