Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

There was a meeting today. I was feeling so positive going in. Someone in authority threw a curveball into the mix. I was ambushed.

I am struggling. This curveball had very serious implications for my future. For my family’s future.

At one point I’m sure I had some sort of mental experience. I felt like I was in someone else’s life. This can’t be happening to me. I must be watching the wrong movie, can I press eject and put the right one in? This isn’t how it was supposed to go down.

It’s so hard when you have friends that you’ve confided in for years who know you and know how he operates. then strangers come in and are taken in by his charm. It’s infuriating. I want to shake them awake. To remove their blinkers and open their minds.

I call WA and they are amazing as eve. They understand. Why doesn’t everyone understand? Why are we forced to fight so d**n hard against not only the abusers but the systems that enable them.

I hate this.

Nova
      Participant

EeeyoreNoMore I feel your pain…it’s SO frustrating I’ve just posted on another thread…about society and the injustices against women & children.
      ..You must keep your self belief…and you know even though it’s difficult to explain, and he’s being all Mr Nice, that women do not leave partners, husbands, etc just on a whim.

We get it…what your saying, it’s as if they’re all living in la la land and you have to become the oracle on abusers.

All you can do is explain what happened ….& that is enough and the truth, regardless.
      You are innocent, you didn’t choose him to be like that he is abusive …if he was so nice you wouldn’t be putting yourself through all that.
      Like anyone would!

I used to say to him…would you like your sister daughter mother to go through this to be spat at to be verbally abused..?

They are angry, and want to fight with a weaker opponent, as it makes them feel harder than they really are, but they are weak. If they were so tough they’d pick on someone their own size, instead of women and children.

Be assured they are weak cowards. We are with you all the way and beyond.
      Have faith in yourself, we do.

Hugs C xx

Suntree
      Participant

Having been ambushed I can only guess that something similar which happened to you has happened to me.

Hang in there, keep talking to WA for advice. What helped me was other women who had been there already to help me prepare for the tricks used.

Keep a diary of everything and everything in writing. It if nothing will help keep you sane when you will be spun so much you won’t know what is true and what is made up.

Hugs

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content