Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      TeaTeaTea
      Participant

My partner has been off work for a few months and it that time, his behaviour has improved. He goes back to work soon, so I don’t know whether things will change, but all is ok for the moment.

I’ve been speaking to a friend about my situation for a while and she’s suggested I phone WA. I feel like there was a time when it would have been appropriate for me to phone, a couple years ago or so, but now I feel that I have no “urgent” need to phone.

In retrospect, I feel that I’ve let my partner get away with certain behaviours because my mind has been elsewhere, and that if I had actually challenged him then there wouldn’t be so much of an issue.

I did promise my friend that I was going to phone, but now it feels unnecessary and a waste of resources. I thought I’d post here before writing the idea off completely. I know it’s hard to give an opinion without all the details, but is it worth phoning up to talk about things that have mostly happened in the past?

Thanks. 🙂

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Yes it is definitely worth a call. You’ve got nothing to loose. Everything to gain. Even when it was a while back, it doesn’t matter. Pls call WA and also look up the cycle of abuse. It can take month between phases. But it’s always returning. And it gets worse over time. All the best.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

It does definitely sound worth talking to the helpline about your situation, from what you have said, without all deets, you seem clear its da, despite this being a sort of rest phase, they have the expertise to advise.

Are you wanting to leave, as they will not tell you to do that, but will help if that’s what you are trying to do.

I hope you can make some decisions from that

Warmest wishes ts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content