Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I was wondering that if I left the marital home (mortgaged) and moved into rented property, will I be entitled to anything like benefits or help?

I don’t really know how any of this works but if I’m not able to get any financial assistance I will have to stay and the thought of that Is so daunting.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, it all depends on your circumstances but citizens advice are a good starting point. You could also consider a refuge until you get on your feet and get any benefits sorted. Have you thought about having him removed from the marital home because of his abuse? Rights of Women have a website and a legal helpline. Your local women’s aid will know about rehoming due to domestic abuse x

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Ok I will give them a call when I can. I do work and have kids but not sure on threshold etc.
      Originally I thought about staying in the house but he has no where to go and this has stopped me in the past.
      I think if it’s going to happen I’m going to have to be the one that goes..

KIP.
      Participant

He can find somewhere much more easily that you with kids. He could rent a room or move in with family until he finds something more permanent. He’s not your responsibility x

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

I know he isn’t but he will never leave, and the guilt is too much, and it has and will deter me from going and I don’t know how much more I can take.

Rubymurray
      Participant

Im in thus dilemna too.

CAB answered this really for me, then i could move move to the next part if a possible plan once i knew what income id have.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content