Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Racy
      Participant

I just wondered if anyone else felt the same. Its been years since I came put of abusive relationship, and I am just not interested in another partner. I thought i would be after a few years, but at (age removed by Moderator) realise that I never want to be with anyone. Is this normal after abuse.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there, it took me several years to come to terms with the abuse and the damage it has done. I had counselling and still am but I’m very wary of men. All men, all things masculine so I know I have more healing to do and I would eventually like to have a loving relationship when I’m ready. Perhaps you’re just not healed enough yet and I suppose it very much depends on why you don’t want a relationship. If it’s purely down to the abuse then I’d recommend counselling. Being in a relationship isn’t as important for me as I’ve discovered more about myself and I actually enjoy being single. It’s all about what you want from life. I hated the way society made me feel after the break up. Have you got yourself a Man yet? Someone asked me. Well no because I don’t want one I should have said. It’s okay to be single. To date yourself and treat yourself and put yourself first x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content